Each passenger is required to read this Safety Notice before embarking on any trip on board Manta Ray.
We on Manta Ray pride ourselves on taking the best level of care of you while you are on board. We are fully qualified and have a complete inventory of up to date safety aids. You will be given a safety briefing by your skipper before setting sail for the day. If anything is unclear please ask your skipper. Your skipper will be endeavouring to ensure your safety and the safe navigation of the boat.
There are certain areas where you have to take special care and be responsible for your own safety:
1. Drinking alcohol and taking recreational drugs is not permitted on Manta Ray.
2. Please take care when moving around the boat at all times. Take care to hold on to minimise the risk of falling over and be careful where you tread – the nature of fishing boats can mean obstacles are often in your way. Pay particular attention when entering and leaving the cabin. Be especially careful when it is rough or when there is wash from another vessel. If you need to move about under these conditions please let the skipper know otherwise please remain seated.
3. Please be very careful when you get on and off the boat. You are not allowed to board or alight without permission of the skipper who will make sure the boat is safely moored up. Don’t board or alight with both hands full of gear as you will have no hands free to hold on. Take special care on steps or on the dock area where there can be trip hazards.
4. Please be very careful when using knives to cut bait and fish and return them to their storage when you have finished with them. Take care with sharp hooks especially in combination with heavy leads.
5. Please handle the fish carefully. Your skipper or crew will be pleased to help you handle your catch safely.
Katfish Charters Ltd does not accept responsibility if you choose not to comply with these safety guidelines.
A. Tompsett - Director
Lymington, June 2020